Chesapeake, VA 23320
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze daily transactions; sales, deposits and other register entries in the sales audit system, and make corrections as needed.
• Prepare Journal Entries for correcting account codes in the General Ledger.
• Act as the key liaison between the stores, operations and accounting team to share information and resolve discrepancies.
• Monitor incoming communications and requests and assist with instructing the stores on proper procedures.
• Distribute daily incoming notifications to the appropriate team members.
• Prepare account reconciliations.
• Reconciliations of various accounts on a monthly basis.
• Daily reconciliation of gift cards and handling customer issues on a daily basis.
• Assisting customers by providing copy of receipts.
• Issuing bulk gift cards to customers
• Assist client team with manual order adjustments.
• Process incoming checks to include scanning, coding and communicating with other departments.
• Maintain sales tracking sheet, monitor potentially missing sales and marking stores closed for financial planning and auditors.
• Issuing startup funds for new stores.
• Prepare store change fund adjustments during the holidays working closely with operations and asset
• Generate daily sales audit exception reports for the team and auditors.
• Generate miscellaneous reports for other departments.
• Prepare detail metrics on gift card activity for analysis by upper management.
• Assist with various projects as needed.
• One to three years of accounting experience in retail environment
• Understanding of basic accounting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Lawson -ERP
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
• Proven experience building and maintaining relationships
• Strong attention to detail and advanced organizational skills