Chesapeake, VA 23320
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze daily transactions; sales, deposits and other register entries in the sales audit system, and make corrections as needed.
- Prepare Journal Entries for correcting account codes in the General Ledger.
- Act as the key liaison between the stores, operations and accounting team to share information and resolve discrepancies.
- Monitor incoming communications and requests and assist with instructing the stores on proper procedures.
- Distribute daily incoming notifications to the appropriate team members.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Reconciliations of various accounts on a monthly basis.
- Daily reconciliation of gift cards and handling customer issues on a daily basis.
- Assisting customers by providing copy of receipts.
- Issuing bulk gift cards to customers
- Assist client team with manual order adjustments.
- Process incoming checks to include scanning, coding and communicating with other departments.
- Maintain sales tracking sheet, monitor potentially missing sales and marking stores closed for financial planning and auditors.
- Issuing startup funds for new stores.
- Prepare store change fund adjustments during the holidays working closely with operations and asset
- Generate daily sales audit exception reports for the team and auditors.
- Generate miscellaneous reports for other departments.
- Prepare detail metrics on gift card activity for analysis by upper management.
- Assist with various projects as needed.
- One to three years of accounting experience in retail environment
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Lawson -ERP
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Proven experience building and maintaining relationships
- Strong attention to detail and advanced organizational skills