Norfolk, VA 23510
A Virginia law firm, seeks an Accounting Specialist for its downtown Norfolk location. Under supervision and direction of the Accounting Supervisor, performs a variety of general accounting and administrative tasks.
- Reconcile and prepare schedules for various balance sheet accounts each month.
- Backup Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Preparation and input of various journal entries.
- Assist with month/year end closing processes.
- Assist in budget preparation and entry into accounting software.
- Process client credit card payments.
- Reconciliation of operating and trust bank accounts each month.
- Receipt fee deposits and transfers in system.
- Investigates and resolves old or outstanding items in all bank accounts and/or trust accounts.
- Assist with preparation of annual reports to City Treasurers for personal property and gross receipts and prepare check requests.
- Assist with maintaining fixed assets records for the firm.
- Assist Accounts Payable Specialist with 1099-Misc. reporting and paralegals with 1099-S reporting.
- Post checks from other locations for real estate transactions generated in database.
- Assist with filing and storage of accounting documents per client retention policy.
- Perform various miscellaneous duties and/or projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- Five or more years’ experience in accounting with mid-size organization is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a customer service orientation.
- Exhibit sound judgment and ability to use discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- High degree of initiative, motivation, and attention to detail.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize competing responsibilities, and meet deadlines.