Customer Service / Insurance Agent
Norfolk, VA 23502
GREAT TEMP TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY
CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSURANCE AGENT
MUST BE LICENSED ALREADY
As a Customer Service / Insurance Agent you will be responsible for assisting our clients with their policy management. You will educate our clients on the coverage they currently have, and the coverage they may need for their current and future lifestyle. You will handle any changes to a client’s policy. At weekly staff meetings you will be responsible to giving a summary of their weekly activities, quotes, and sales.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various coverage, discounts, and policies
- Enter quotes for changes and new business
- Assist clients with billing issues
- Cross sell various types of insurance policies to individuals
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their needs, the physical condition of the property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Work personal lines renewals – Shop if necessary
- Complete annual review with each personal line client
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including the completion of appropriate forms
- Practice correct underwriting guidelines for each line of business and carrier
- Contact underwriter and submit forms as needed
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers. Make suggestions as needed
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Monitor insurance claims
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate prospective clients
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Policy retention
- Process policy cancellation request if it cannot be retained
- Perform administrative tasks, such as making notes on each client, attaching documents and scheduling follow ups.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts
- Proven work experience as a licensed Property and Casualty agent for at least 2 years
- Life and Health License preferred and will be required within 60 days of hire
- Applied EPIC experience for 1 year
- Proven dependability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional attitude and appearance with a customer service attitude
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High school degree: additional certification in Office Management is a plus