Customer Service and Data Entry Representative
Chesapeake, VA 23325 US
Customer Service Representative is responsible for data entry of orders as well as customer service phone / email support and will perform general office work while providing administrative support for the office in a professional manner. Entry of inbound orders into the system is the primary task that will be performed, so successful candidates will have strong attention to detail and recall in order to be able to enter customer information quickly without relying on reference material for every order, and will be able to follow a structured routine that ensures the smooth operation of the office. They will be able to balance great customer service with the demands of their data entry and administrative duties.
Hours: 8:00-4:30 / M-F
- Enters all incoming purchase orders from customers in a fast paced environment.
- Maintains web inquiries and purchase orders.
- Validates pricing and inventory and shipping address on all inbound orders.
- Answer multi-line telephone, taking accurate messages and relaying telephone calls to the appropriate person in an efficient manner.
- Greets and screens incoming visitors/customers in a professional manner and promptly notifies the appropriate person of their arrival.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and complaints via telephone, mail or fax, and process the information in an efficient manner.
- Receives and distributes incoming documents to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Check emails often for inquiries and or purchase orders.
- Maintains customer info sheets.
- Checks and audits invoices as requested.
- Performs various clerical duties such as word processing, data entry, typing and photocopying.
- Follows a structured daily routine at start and end of day that ensures smooth operation of the office.
- Prepares and proofreads emails for distribution.
- Creates and implements an organized filing system for various company documents. File all invoices and other miscellaneous paper work.
- Operates standard office equipment to include:
- multi-line telephone system
- facsimile machine
- photocopy machine
- postage meter
- Maintains an adequate office supply inventory and requisitions additional items as needed.
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information and purging files on a regular basis.
- Monitors the postage machine to maintain an adequate supply of postage.
- Maintains a professional office environment and promotes a positive image for the company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.