Director of Marketing and Development
Hampton, VA 23661
Direct Hire Opportunity
Director of Marketing and Development is needed for a non-profit organization in Hampton, VA.
This position is responsible for all efforts related to conceptualizing and implementing strategies to develop fundraising, marketing and public relations activities.
- Provides leadership for strategies to develop and manage fundraising initiatives to include individual, corporate and annual giving, major gifts and legacy giving.
- Provides leadership and management in implementing the organization's strategic plan as it relations to fundraising and marketing.
- Provides leadership and management in implementing a comprehensive development strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in brand development, strategy development and implementation, community outreach and all its media, digital and print collateral.
- Develops an annual marketing plan with strategies and tactics and garners resources necessary to achieve measurable goals.
- Overseas and directs the development and administration of the Marketing and Development annual budget.
- Directs the implementation and execution of marketing and development activities, policies and procedures.
- Ensures marketing communications are coordinated; leads the marketing plan objectives and meets the budgetary requirements of the company
- Manages the hiring, training and coaching of fundraising and marketing staff.
- Develops corporate documents, proposals and communications materials, including design, key messages, copywriting, editing and proofing.
- Strong ability to develop donor relations, solicit and obtain major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit industry and best practices/standards
- Must have experience in grant writing, planned giving and philanthropy
- Skill in successful program implementation
- Ability to create and maintain client relationship
- Experience with developing budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional and progressive experience in leading development and marketing strategies and programs and in managing projects and teams.
- Must be able to provide proven track record of substantial success in fundraising, including securing major gifts