Chesapeake, VA 23320 US
Graphic Designer Function: Initiate, coordinate, and execute the communications programs of the client and their clients. Ensure clients’ print and electronic publications, email platforms, mobile apps, social media, and websites are exceeding expectations. Ensure all communications are timely and functioning properly.
Hours: 8:00-5:00 / M-F
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to create marketing materials for a variety of events, classes, meetings and more, across multiple media.
- Produce clients’ electronic and print publications on schedule.
- Assemble and send broadcast email campaigns; provide statistic reports and/or maintain mailing lists as needed.
- Create and/or monitor social media tools as appropriate to each client.
- Lead rebranding/redesign initiatives for clients as needed.
- Maintain and seek to improve clients and their clients’ websites.
- Other duties as assigned. (Client is always growing and changing, you’ll learn a lot!)
- Support and maintain communications programs of our client’s clients.
- Achieve the goals enumerated in clients’ annual plan of action.
- Work closely with staff, clients, and vendors to meet their needs and resolve any problems.
- Produce clients’ electronic and print publications. Deliver to members on schedule, collect and generate newsworthy articles, and ensure revenue exceeds expenses. Regularly survey members on content and design.
- Implement social media tools as appropriate to each client.
- Maintain and improve client’s and our clients’ websites.
- Create, design, write, and deliver brochures, marketing pieces, print programs, and directories for events, conventions, education classes, governmental affairs, customer service, accounting, membership, and other functional areas.
- Implement mobile (smartphone) applications.
- Promote all advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Grow the business of client. Seek new clients. Seek to expand services with existing clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Must be experienced and knowledgeable with print and electronic communications. Good budgeting, organization, and planning skills are critical. Required skills include: graphic design, writing, website design and maintenance (HTML as well as WordPress), social media in a corporate environment, proficiency in MS Office products, and strong user of Adobe Creative Suite on a PC. Prior association management or non-profit experience preferred. Supervisory experience is a plus. Must be able to initiate action and follow through. Must have ability to shift rapidly between numerous duties, and to work quickly and accurately on tasks requiring attention to detail. Positive attitude and good sense of humor are essential.
Must be able to pass credit check