Human Resources and Recruiting Assistant- RICHMOND
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Use your administrative support expertise to help our client grow their organization. This HR & Recruiting Assistant opportunity is on-site and based in our client’s office in Chesterfield, where you will provide support to the HR team with performing a variety of administrative duties and related tasks.
As an HR & Recruiting Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the administrative and HR staff with data entry, the flow of correspondence, processing of Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) fingerprinting, DCJS compliance, employee training scheduling, and a range of additional administrative and recruitment activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate employee training schedules in order to stay DCJS compliant.
- Assist with related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, seminars, uniform returns, and department activities for all members of the business office.
- Process new hires to include paperwork, data entry, videos and finger-printing.
- Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company locations, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Serve as back-up to uniform contact including issuing, repairs, returns and inventory.
- Assist HR Manager with HR related duties and special projects including recruitment.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned by the supervisor
Top candidates for this role must have:
- Experience working in an administrative support role where you demonstrated:
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage time well leveraging your strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collectively with all levels of employees
- Solid computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment to include competence with Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel; PowerPoint a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional interpersonal communication skills
To perform the essential functions of this position, the HR & Recruiting Assistant regularly employs the following physical and/or sensory abilities:
- Sitting, standing, walking, and climbing stairs;
- Daily writing and using a switchboard and keyboard;
- Seeing, hearing, and speaking to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
This is a great chance to positively impact a growing Virginia business. We are excited to play a part in matching the right person to this role for our client on a temporary-to-hire basis. Transparency is important to us, so please do not hesitate to message us any questions you have about the temporary-to-hire model.
Our client is cognizant of best practices for preventing community spread in the workplace and is committed to following these practices.