Install Helper- Plumbing
Portsmouth, VA 23701
Install Helper (Plumbing)
Full- Time, Direct Hire Opportunity
Major Responsibilities: Assist Lead Installer and hep install all residential and commercial water treatment equipment offered in accordance with local codes while maintaining customer service. This position is also responsible for basic service and repair of all residential and commercial water treatment equipment, while delivering a high degree of customer service that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Install all water treatment equipment in accordance with local codes and ensure equipment is programmed and operating properly under supervision of Lead Installer.
- Complete basic repair/service of water treatment equipment as requested.
- Test untreated water to determine correct equipment setting. Test treated water to determine performance of equipment. Ensure equipment is programmed and operating properly. Notify customer or office if any additional maintenance is necessary.
- Complete the sale of equipment and other supplies where appropriate for revenue generation.
- Possess the ability to provide timely and effective resolution of service issues relating to all residential and commercial customers, including (but not limited to) equipment repair, installations, rebeds, product deliveries, applications, etc.
- Conduct self in a positive and cooperative tone with both customers and coworkers.
- Possess outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Respond to customer requests/inquiries courteously and without delay. Report any complaints to management. Communicate clearly and positively with customers.
- Provide timely and effective resolution of service installation issues relating to all residential and commercial customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current driver's license
- Positive driving record (no negative points)- must provide a copy of current driving record
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow protocols along with a strong sense of timeliness and organization
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to meet and converse with all customers to carry out company business assigned.
- Good geographical knowledge of our franchised area, and ability to read maps and follow specific directions.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in an active working environment including but not limited to: bending, twisting, reaching overhead, crawling, working in tight spaces and under houses, lifting and pulling.
- Demonstrated ability to understand plumbing (residential) flow and solder pipes.
- 1-2 years of direct and hands-on with installation of residential/commercial water treatment equipment
- Working experience in a customer service, customer focused position.