Chesapeake, VA 23320
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and put away supplies in inventory locations
- Coordinate the inventory levels by analyzing the use and reorder information for inventory supplies
- Research all discrepancies in order to accurately maintain levels of all items; this can include communicating with external companies, customers, purchasers and distributors
- Review the suggested reorder information daily and adjust as necessary
- Perform annual inventory and cycle counts as scheduled
- Work closely with internal customers to determine inventory needs
- Monitor expiration dates as required
- Ensure proper storage of supplies as established by regulatory agencies’ or organizations’ standards
- Efficiently utilize the Materials Management Information System (MMIS)
- Assist in the storeroom as needed
- Attend required hospital-wide orientations, meetings, and in-services
- Demonstrate a commitment to flexible work scheduling when necessary to ensure patient care
- Perform inventory management and analysis of assigned inventory locations
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Education: Associates degree in related field
- 2+ years’ Materials Management experience is required.
- Prior inventory management, receiving, or logistics experience is preferred.
- Must be able to efficiently operate the MMIS.