Merchandise Payables Associate
Chesapeake, VA 23320 US
Hours: 8:30-5:00 / M-F
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with accounting requirements and corporate invoice guidelines for manual or EDI invoice data; Audit invoices to ensure costs are accurate according to terms, allowances and purchase orders.
- Process and audit authorized invoices to ensure that vendors receive payment for merchandise within deadlines. Accurate information must be entered when invoices are processed to avoid fees/penalties.
- Research and resolve problems utilizing internal and external resources to process payments.
- Maintain positive business relationship with suppliers, and other areas of company. Responsibilities may include: 1.) Researching and responding to all invoice and payment inquiries (e.g. invoice Status, payment Status and deduction Charges) from Suppliers, Stores, Distribution Centers, and Employees within department turn-time expectations. Communication may occur through phone, mail or e-mail; 2.) Communicating with Vendors, District Managers, Warehouse/Store Managers, Carriers, Merchandising/Buyers to resolve issues (e.g. proof of delivery, shortages, unauthorized merchandise, wrong cost on invoice, duplicate invoice, wrong vendor/store numbers, etc.).
- Provide suppliers with information relating to system generated credits and debit memos. Communication must occur with suppliers to determine the correct correspondence address to mail information.
- Must adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of Accounts Payable Experience or Associates Degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must exhibit strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced/team based environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet defined deadlines