PT - Digital Marketing Product Copywriter
Chesapeake, VA 23320 US
Hours: 8:30-1:30 / M-F (can be flexible) 25 hours per week
Our client is seeking a part-time Digital Marketing Product Copywriter who is passionate about customer content to join our creative, innovative digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, professional copywriter with superior proofreading and grammar skills who demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in his/her work. We are seeking a candidate who strives for excellence, is deadline-driven, and offers up creative solutions in a fast-paced team environment. The Digital Marketing Product Copywriter is responsible for writing and editing copy for all the needs of the department, including marketing/promotional copy, informational copy, technical copy, and product copy.
With creativity and great attention to detail, the ideal candidate must write clear, accurate, and engaging copy for marketing product copy. The position is responsible for understanding and effectively writing to the brand/business voice across all marketing vehicles while ensuring accuracy and maintaining consistent editorial standards and guidelines. Position will also partner with the Category Managers and Merchandisers to develop dynamic and appropriate messages for product copy. Our department is fast paced and extremely busy, so this position is not for the faint of heart, but it is for the person who enjoys exciting challenges and opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter who drives for results and has a proven record of delivering promised results
- Is passionate about creating an engaging customer experience through creative copywriting
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills and is able to develop and maintain cross-functional and cross-departmental partnerships
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is open to feedback
- Enjoys exciting opportunities and marketing challenges, and takes initiative to identify and recommend solutions to challenges encountered
- Is responsible for understanding and effectively writing in alignment with the brand voice across all marketing vehicles, ensuring accuracy and maintaining consistent editorial standards and guidelines
- Has experience in content strategies, marketing concepts, and marketing analytics
- Has a working knowledge of web accessibility and SEO as it relates to copywriting
- Flexible to work on other project related to eCommerce support.
- Is, most importantly, a team player with a positive attitude!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write/edit creative, engaging copy for products.
- Write/edit copy for informational/technical projects to enhance the user experience online
- Write clear, accurate, and engaging copy for products online, as needed
- Interpret marketing conceptualizations and produce copy that achieves the project goal
- Develop/maintain a clear and consistent brand voice across all written communication
- Monitor/Audit automated product copy.
- Work collaboratively to ensure on-page content is maximized for search engines, and content campaigns are executed based upon strategic keyword research
- Ensure accuracy of all copy execution through focused proofreading as the “last set of eyes” before marketing campaigns are launched in branded channels
- Use department’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) Tool to access and leverage product attributes such as descriptions and photos
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 1-3 years professional copywriting experience in consumer goods and/or marketing
- Experience with a Digital Asset Management Tool and/or Content Management System
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written command of the English language and grammar
- Ability to grasp and understand website tonality
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization and keyword research/writing
- Well organized with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment with tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Possess a professional and positive attitude
- A solid knowledge of digital marketing, ecommerce, retail, and/or omnichannel experiences is essential for this role.
- Skilled in Adobe CC — Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver (a plus)
- Working knowledge of HTML or CSS
- Working knowledge of email service provider, CMS tool, and/or analytics programs
- Experience with social media copywriting and best practices
- Additional 1-2 years of experience in a marketing support role
- Proficiency on a Mac platform