Part-Time Maintenance Technician- 1st shift
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Ensure that interior and exterior properties meet company safety and physical appearance standards. Ensure repairs are done right the first time.
- Assist in any work-related activity that may take two staff members to accomplish.
- Perform quarterly and yearly preventive maintenance at each site and turn in a preventive maintenance work sheet to the facilities manager.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Attend to maintenance requests and/or emergency needs in an expedient and cordial manner.
- Keep the maintenance supplies in a clean and orderly manner. Must be prepared to handle most maintenance activities.
- Maintain inventory log updated on purchased equipment.
- Maintain confidentially and security of all properties and all residents.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must a valid driver’s license.
- Must be trustworthy and hard working.
- Knowledge of all phases of building maintenance.
- Skills and knowledge in landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, and HVAC systems.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Use various hand tools and cleaning equipment. These items may vary in weight up to 50 pounds.
- As part of daily maintenance routine, may be required to move appliances from one place to another. The appliances may have to be transported by means of a hand tuck up a flight of steps or on to a truck for transporting. These appliances could weigh up to 200 pounds.
- At certain times, you will be required to perform maintenance on special equipment and company vehicles.
- On occasion, may be required to move furniture from one place to another. This would require moving items weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Use of a ladder is required.
- Proven ability to get the job done.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must have 2- 4 years maintenance experience.