Norfolk, VA 23523
- Perform general administrative tasks, including but not limited to managing office supplies and equipment, answering multiple phone lines, and overseeing the daily flow of mail, correspondence, and filing needs.
- Prepare, analyze, and input data.
- Operate business machines such as calculators, copiers and faxes.
- Prepare agendas, reports, and presentations, including updating weekly metrics and status reports.
- Acts as liaison with other departments when necessary.
- Able to coordinate the activities of and provide support to committees.
- Able to arrange and participate in conferences and meetings.
- Coordinate department schedules, travel, and activities.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years' directly related experience, or six (6) years' directly related experience. Experience in a shipyard environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to include writing and reading.
- Excellent typing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with an ability to develop and present metrics.
- Must have good speaking and listening skills.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Must be organized and use time wisely
- Customer-service driven.
- Must be able to access all work locations, including government and private ship yards and/or vessels.