Real Estate Paralegal
Norfolk, VA 23510
The Norfolk office of law practice is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal to conduct real estate closings for corporate and commercial real estate transactions. Prepares necessary legal documents that may include disclosure schedules, settlement statements, deeds, loan closing documents, corporate authorization documents. Maintains detailed and accurate daily billable hour records. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Assists with all aspects of complex commercial real estate and corporate transactions, including creating disbursement statements, closing documents, and title policies.
- Analyzes title documents, real property legal descriptions and surveys
- Responsible for corresponding with lenders, builders, real estate agents, and attorneys as needed to gather necessary information for closings.
- Preparing and maintaining closing checklists and timelines
- Addresses post-closing matters and oversees preparation of closing binders.
- Ensure closing packages have been properly disbursed and appropriate documents recorded.
- Verify title insurance policies have been received.
- Responsible for setup of delivery of the deed and title insurance policies to the buyer and lender.
- Maintain Notary Public status and witness real estate closing packages.
- Ensure that all appropriate documents, checks, and copies are sent to all parties immediately after closing.
- Make sure all client data is entered into central database.
- Confirm liens are properly released.
- Re-record documents as needed and correct any post-closing issues.
- Obtain Entity Certificates and documents from the Secretary of State where an entity was formed
- Order UCC/Judgment/Tax Lien reports
- E-file documents as requested
- Process invoices for payment, credit card receipts, and ACH Receipts
- Meet position billing requirements and required deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in SoftPro and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- In-depth experience with closing loans, funding loans, and examining title commitments.
- In-depth knowledge of closing process.
- In-depth knowledge of title insurance and real estate processing.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion when promptly and accurately responding to miscellaneous inquiries.
- Must be able to perform job duties independently.