Service Desk Technician
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Provides on-site and remote support and request fulfillment for computers, printers, mobile devices, and peripherals support. Working with client internal customers only in this role.
- Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, Email client/account setup and support.
- Experience with Active Directory to include account creation/management and File Share permissions management.
- Excellent customer interaction skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills for efficient troubleshooting and trouble ticket handling. Log and track service calls using ticketing software.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred 2-year post-high school Degree (technical field)
- Must have 1-2 years of experience working as a Service Desk Technician.
- Experience and knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computers in an environment utilizing Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Imaging Systems (WDS/MDT, SCCM etc.) and Ticketing systems (JIRA, Spiceworks etc.).
- The employee is required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Travel with overnight stays and/or weekend hours may occasionally be required.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.