Sr. Staff Accountant
Sr. Staff Accountant
Our Client, a Norfolk, VA based company is seeking a Senior level Staff Accountant to join their fast paced accounting team. This position is diversified with many challenging projects needed to be completed with little or no supervision. The Staff Accountant role would require an intermediate level of accounting experience, with strong analytical skills, a solid technology background utilizing excel and accounting database software, and the capability to prioritize and maintain deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Review, process, gather and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy and compliance.
- Monthly General Ledger Reconciliation to include and up to 25 balance sheets with heavy activity.
- Review of profit and loss statements, to include 20+ profit centers.
- Identify and resolve incorrect journal entries, data anomalies, deviations from established procedures and unusual issues.
- Monthly liquid inventory reconciliations
- Monitor budget resources and determine projected yearly budgets
- Identify, prioritize and resolve accounting issues; probe beyond stated situation; identify underlying issues; recognize exceptions and perform preliminary analysis.
- Contribute to analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Accepting additional projects by the Controller on an as needed basis
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as an Staff Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in the accounting, finance or business industry.
- Proficiency in business applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, accounting database software and comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of accounting skills and concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate information and accounting concepts
- Capability to manage deadlines and prioritize
- Adaptability and capability to change direction
- Dependable and accountable
- Ability to participate as part of a project team
- Maintain accuracy with large amounts of accounting data
Client offers a comprehenisve benefits package and 401k after 60 days of employment
Accounting and Excel assessment will be emailed to qualified candidates and must be completed prior to interview.