Chesapeake, VA 23325 US
Hours: 8:00-4:30 / M-F
- 3-5 years of prior experience required in one position
- Pulling customer orders, packing, some assembly work (this can range from putting a group of parts in a bag and relabeling, changing parts around, wiring parts)
- Could require the use of some small hand tools
- Attention to detail, self-starter, able to work independently and also as a team
- Stock counts – putting incoming stock away
- As a temp will not lift over 50lbs, (person who works in "back of house" does the heavy lifting, but when hired needs to be able to off-load heavier items.
- Previous forklift not required, but helpful – Will not be driving forklift as a temp.
- Process, package and ship orders accurately
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Examine ingoing and outgoing shipments
- Organize warehouse space
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately
- Abide by all company safety and hygiene regulations
- Keep warehouse clean and organized daily
- Takes inventory of all supplies, and reorders materials as necessary.
- Processes and packages orders.
- Addresses and resolves any shipment or delivery errors.
- Assists customer service department in addressing customer complaints with regard to shipments and deliveries.
- Keeps warehouse organized and clean.
Requirements and skills
- Proven warehouse experience
- Team player with organizational skills
- Exhibits effective communication skills, essential to providing instructions and suggestions about warehouse organization to management and other warehouse associates.
- Pays close attention to detail, a skill essential in identifying order discrepancies and product deficiencies.
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Possesses clear knowledge of computer ordering systems – Microsoft office.
- Has ability to navigate and troubleshoot computer systems as necessary.
- Is capable of thinking creatively and spatially, in order to efficiently and effectively organize inventory.
- Works well with a team